We’re looking for two contract test engineers to join our software team, focusing on hands on exploratory testing of frontend and backend systems. With the launch of new apps, improvements to our web platform and new video sharing projects on the go, there will be a lot to get your teeth stuck into.
You’ve been working in a commercial web software development environment for a minimum of three years. You’re a self starter who works with minimal supervision and you thrive in a fast moving environment. You’re confident in rapidly assessing the risks of any changes and ensuring the right level of testing is performed.
Skills & Requirements
Specific skills and experience we’re looking for include:
- Hands on exploratory testing of website and backend applications across the full SDLC
- Iterative, agile experience – Kanban, Scrum etc.; involvement in planning, defining acceptance criteria, retrospectives etc.
- Good working knowledge of Windows/.Net infrastructure; IIS, console applications, scheduling and queuing systems, etc. etc.
- Using source control systems e.g. Git or SVN
- Some hands on experience with high level languages such as C# or Java
- MS SQL, writing basic queries
- Good spoken and written English
Any experience with the following would be a bonus:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Selenium/webdriver scripting
- Octopus Deploy
- CI/build automation e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Hands on deployment to test and production environments
- Load testing tools e.g. JMeter, LoadRunner
- API testing
We’re Spotlight. We’re at www.spotlight.com and @SpotlightUK, with offices and studios located in the heart of London’s West End. We’ve been the world’s leading casting resource for 90 years. Our software has been used to cast Star Wars, James Bond, Homeland, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Black Mirror, Downton Abbey, and quite literally thousands of plays, commercials, music videos and shows. If casting directors are looking for leads for their latest Hollywood blockbuster, a chorus line for a West End revival, or mum & dad for an upcoming McDonald’s commercial, they look in Spotlight. Since our first website launched in 1997, Spotlight has delivered innovative applications that have revolutionised the casting industry, and we need to grow our team in order to keep on doing just that.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Spotlight click here. If you’re interested in our technology, our engineering blog is at backstage.spotlight.com and our GitHub repo is www.github.com/SpotlightUK.
Spotlight is a family-owned company with a solid financial foundation and a healthy appetite for investment. We have a bright, enthusiastic work force, and a great office in the heart of the West End, surrounded by world-class restaurants, bars and theatres.
How to apply:
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us, in a few hundred words, who you are, what you’ve been working on recently, and why you’re the right person for the job.
No agencies please. We’re not using with any recruiters for this position.