We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team full-time, helping to improve our build pipeline and cloud infrastructure as well as maintaining our legacy systems.
- You know what DevOps is, both culturally and in terms of technology
- You know about automation, infrastructure-as-code, CI & CD
- You want your infrastructure to be highly available, resilient, secure and monitored
- You have a background in Windows systems administration
- You have a passion for innovation and finding new technologies that help solve problems or improve process
- You have worked in an agile environment, collaborating closely with developers, testers and business stakeholders
- You have worked with suppliers and 3rd parties
This is a full-time job, working Monday-Friday at our offices in Leicester Square, London WC2H 7RJ. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Skills & Requirements
You’ve been working in a Sysadmin or DevOps role for a minimum of three years. You’re a self starter who works with minimal supervision and you thrive in a fast moving environment. You’ll work collaboratively with developers and testers to deploy and operate our systems.
We’re looking for somebody with proven skills and experience in these areas:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Scripted and virtualised infrastructure
- Hosting and managing websites on Windows Server and IIS
- Cloud hosting and managed infrastructure. We host our systems with AWS, but we’re happy to consider candidates with experience working on Azure, Google Cloud or private cloud hosting
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Good working knowledge of networking – TCIP/IP, DNS, etc
- Scripting skills to automate and facilitate server housekeeping: Powershell, SQL, bash, etc
- Supporting and managing a software build and deployment pipeline
- Monitoring. Principles of monitoring production systems effectively, and hands-on experience of monitoring tools
- An understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues across development, test and production environments
- Documenting key processes and procedures
- A good working knowledge of source control systems, ideally Git
Any experience with the following would be a bonus:
- A basic understanding of SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working with TeamCity and Octopus Deploy
- Exposure to containerisation tools such as Docker
- Coding skills. Anything from C# to Java, Python or Ruby
- Working from an agile backlog, e.g. PivotalTracker, Trello or JIRA
- Network and infrastructure design and architecture
- Administering Software as a Service (Office 365, Atlassian Confluence, G-Suite etc.)
We’re Spotlight. We’re at www.spotlight.com and @SpotlightUK, with offices and studios located in the heart of London’s West End. We’ve been the world’s leading casting resource for 90 years. Our software has been used to cast Star Wars, James Bond, Homeland, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Black Mirror, Downton Abbey, and quite literally thousands of plays, commercials, music videos and shows. If casting directors are looking for leads for their latest Hollywood blockbuster, a chorus line for a West End revival, or mum & dad for an upcoming McDonald’s commercial, they look in Spotlight. Since our first website launched in 1997, Spotlight has delivered innovative applications that have revolutionised the casting industry, and we need to grow our team in order to keep on doing just that.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Spotlight click here. If you’re interested in our technology, our engineering blog is at backstage.spotlight.com and our GitHub repo is www.github.com/SpotlightUK.
Spotlight is a family-owned company with a solid financial foundation and a healthy appetite for investment. We have a bright, enthusiastic work force, and a great office in the heart of the West End, surrounded by world-class restaurants, bars and theatres. We have an awesome social committee, height-adjustable desks, really good coffee – we even have an office popcorn machine, in recognition of our showbiz connections.
How to Apply:
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us, in a few hundred words, who you are, what you’ve been working on recently, and why you’re the right person for the job.
We work with a select group of agencies, and are not looking for new recruitment partners.