We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team full-time, helping to improve our build pipeline and cloud infrastructure as well as maintaining our legacy systems.
- You know what DevOps is, both culturally and in terms of technology
- You have strong skills around automation, infrastructure-as-code, CI & CD
- You have keep up to speed with modern development practices and the apply them in the DevOps context
- You want your infrastructure to be highly available, resilient, secure and monitored
- You have a passion for innovation and finding new technologies that help solve problems
- You are as interested in people and processes as you are in the tech
- You have worked in an agile environment, collaborating closely with developers, testers and business stakeholders
This is a full-time job, working Monday-Friday at our offices in Leicester Square, London WC2H 7RJ. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Skills & Requirements
You’re a self starter who works with minimal supervision and you thrive in a fast moving environment. You’ll work collaboratively with business stakeholders, developers and testers to deploy and operate our systems.
We’re looking for somebody with proven skills and experience in these areas:
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Coding, scripting and unit testing – we will consider any strong experience in any language e.g. c#, nodejs, ruby, python, etc etc
- Infrastructure as code e.g. Terraform, Chef, Cloud Formation or similar
- CI/CD pipelines e.g. GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus and similar
- Serverless and Containers e.g. Docker, Fargate, Lambda, RDS, Aurora,
- Technical project management
- Process improvement
- Cloud hosting and managed infrastructure. We host our systems with AWS, but we’re happy to consider candidates with experience working on Azure, Google Cloud or private cloud hosting
- Monitoring and alerting. Principles of monitoring production systems effectively, and hands-on experience of monitoring tools
- Documenting key processes and procedures
Any experience with the following would be a bonus:
- A basic understanding of SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Network and infrastructure design and architecture
- Administering Software as a Service (Office 365, Atlassian Confluence, G-Suite etc.)
We’re Spotlight. We’re at www.spotlight.com and @SpotlightUK, with offices and studios located in the heart of London’s West End. We’ve been the world’s leading casting resource for 90 years. Our software has been used to cast Star Wars, James Bond, Homeland, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Black Mirror, Downton Abbey, and quite literally thousands of plays, commercials, music videos and shows. If casting directors are looking for leads for their latest Hollywood blockbuster, a chorus line for a West End revival, or mum & dad for an upcoming McDonald’s commercial, they look in Spotlight. Since our first website launched in 1997, Spotlight has delivered innovative applications that have revolutionised the casting industry, and we need to grow our team in order to keep on doing just that.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Spotlight click here. If you’re interested in our technology, our engineering blog is at backstage.spotlight.com and our GitHub repo is www.github.com/SpotlightUK.
Spotlight is a family-owned company with a solid financial foundation and a healthy appetite for investment. We have a bright, enthusiastic work force – over half our employees are female, and we’ve got people from every continent except Antarctica. We’ve got a great office in the heart of the West End, surrounded by some of the best restaurants, bars and theatres anywhere in the world. We have an awesome social committee, really good coffee, team lunches, theatre trips and even an office popcorn machine.
But we also know that work-life balance is important. We close the office over Christmas and New Year, and you get your birthday off – that’s as well as your normal holiday allowance. We start at 10am, giving you time to get the kids off to school; we officially finish at 5:30, and there’s rarely anybody left in the office after 6pm. Some of us work from home on Fridays; some of us work remotely, some of us work flexible hours. If you’re the right person for us, get in touch and we’ll do everything we can to make Spotlight the right company for you.
How to Apply:
Send your CV to email@example.com and tell us, in a few hundred words, who you are, what you’ve been working on recently, and why you’re the right person for the job.
We work with a select group of agencies, and are not looking for new recruitment partners.