Database Administrator (MS SQL with .Net)
We’re looking for a DBA to join our DevOps team full-time.
Our DevOps team is looking for an experienced DBA with proven experience in refining, developing and maintaining MS SQL databases backing web based products and services.
- Maintaining the existing databases – updating security models, collations, tuning queries, rationalising table structure
- Supporting development teams with the creation of new databases and schema and moving existing databases to new infrastructure e.g. AWS Aurora and AWS RDS SQL
- Together with the Head of Technology, create and own the database management strategy covering security, integration, maintenance and availability
- Working with the DevOps team, implement continuous improvements to the database deployment pipeline
- Work with the Data Governance team to provide them with advice and information around our existing data structures and ensure they are notified of changes as needed
This is a full-time job, working Monday-Friday at our offices in Leicester Square, London WC2H 7RJ. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
Skills & Requirements
Strong experience in the following
- SQL server database administration; performance tuning, security, maintenance, troubleshooting
- Knowledge of the wider tool chain around SQL for deployment, monitoring, backup/restore
- Managing SQL in a high-availability web facing environment
- Cloud based approaches to hosting and managing SQL
- Some exposure to non-microsoft DB technologies e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora (desirable)
- Good communications. You’ll be constantly liaising with your colleagues on devops teams, development teams and information governance stakeholders, sharing your ideas and helping to shape theirs.
- DevOps/Agile development approaches; configuration management and managing infrastructure as code, iterative development, working in and with agile teams.
- Familiarity with .Net development and the interaction between code and the data layer (entity framework, LINQ, Redis, SSB, MSMQ etc etc)
We’re Spotlight. We’re at www.spotlight.com and @SpotlightUK, with offices and studios located in the heart of London’s West End. We’ve been the world’s leading casting resource for 90 years. Our software has been used to cast Star Wars, James Bond, Homeland, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Black Mirror, Downton Abbey, and quite literally thousands of plays, commercials, music videos and shows. If casting directors are looking for leads for their latest Hollywood blockbuster, a chorus line for a West End revival, or mum & dad for an upcoming McDonald’s commercial, they look in Spotlight. Since our first website launched in 1997, Spotlight has delivered innovative applications that have revolutionised the casting industry, and we need to grow our team in order to keep on doing just that.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Spotlight click here. If you’re interested in our technology, our engineering blog is at backstage.spotlight.com and our GitHub repo is www.github.com/SpotlightUK.
Spotlight is a family-owned company with a solid financial foundation and a healthy appetite for investment. We have a bright, enthusiastic work force – over half our employees are female, and we’ve got people from every continent except Antarctica. We’ve got a great office in the heart of the West End, surrounded by some of the best restaurants, bars and theatres anywhere in the world. We have an awesome social committee, really good coffee, team lunches, theatre trips and even an office popcorn machine.
But we also know that work-life balance is important. We close the office over Christmas and New Year, and you get your birthday off – that’s as well as your normal holiday allowance. We start at 10am, giving you time to get the kids off to school; we officially finish at 5:30, and there’s rarely anybody left in the office after 6pm. Some of us work from home on Fridays; some of us work remotely, some of us work flexible hours. If you’re the right person for us, get in touch and we’ll do everything we can to make Spotlight the right company for you.
How to Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us, in a few hundred words, who you are, what you’ve been working on recently, and why you’re the right person for the job.
We work with a select group of agencies, and are not looking for new recruitment partners.