Spotlight is the home of casting. Since 1927, Spotlight has been used to cast some of the biggest film, television and theatre productions. As Europe’s largest casting service, we serve a community of over 65,000 performers, and run world class casting studios in the heart of London and Dublin. Take a look at our Welcome Video to learn more.
We’re looking for professional writers who are confident in their ability to communicate ideas, to contribute content on a regular basis. You’ll report to the Content Manager and work alongside the other contributors to deliver the best content possible to our members. With our content, we support actors who want to work in film, TV and theatre, by providing information and advice on the industry, and on their craft. You can be based anywhere in the UK.
What you’ll do…
- Conduct research and your own prep for articles, blog posts and interviews for features
- Write to the company tone of voice
- Possess excellent spelling, grammar and technical writing understanding
- Able to conduct interviews and write these up into a digestible feature
- Able to write blog posts or news items
- Able to commit to a once a month face-to-face or online meeting with the Content Manager
Who you are…
- Tenacious and curious, and are able to determine what makes a good story for our site
- Confident communicator, with your own ideas
- Someone with a positive attitude, and great people skills
- Interested in the arts, particularly in the work of actors, with good knowledge about what’s happening now in theatre, television and film
- Someone who can work independently when required, and to agreed deadlines
- Holder of a degree or experience in Journalism, English, or similar
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role
What we can offer…
A vibrant and diverse subject matter for you to work your magic with, as well as payment per article.
To apply: send Christina.Care@spotlight.com your CV, cover letter, and 2-3 examples of your previously published writing (URLs to online publications preferred).