We have been the world’s leading casting resource for 90 years. Our software has been used to cast Star Wars, James Bond, Homeland, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Black Mirror, Downton Abbey, and quite literally thousands of plays, commercials, music videos and shows. If casting directors are looking for leads for their latest Hollywood blockbuster, a chorus line for a West End revival, or mum & dad for an upcoming McDonald’s commercial, they look in Spotlight. Since our first website launched in 1997, we have delivered innovative applications that have revolutionised the casting industry from our offices, the home of casting, in the heart of central London.
We are looking to recruit a Junior Systems Administrator in Spotlight’s IT team, who will be responsible for providing a first-class level of technical support and service to internal and external customers, as well as supporting the administrations of Spotlight’s web, marketing and internal systems.
• Provide 2nd line support, triage and escalation to 3rd line for the issues impacting Spotlight’s customers escalated from the Customer Services team
• Provide 2nd line and desktop support for Spotlight’s internal staff in order to assess, troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Maintain and update knowledge-base and troubleshooting guides for key systems in conjunction with Customer Support. Promote knowledge sharing practices across the team.
• Work with senior DevOps engineers and the Systems and Security Manager to understand and manage Spotlight’s system (web servers, databases, email, google docs etc.)
• Work with other junior systems administrators on a weekly shift pattern to cover core support hours (09:30 – 17:30).
• Work effectively within a DevOps environment
• Report on recurring themes to management and product teams so that the underlying issues resulting in customer contact can be addressed
• Identify and implement areas for process improvement in conjunction with the wider CS and DevOps teams
• Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills.
• Able to balance responding to customers needs against performing technical investigations to resolve root cause or escalate as needed
• Tenacious: not satisfied that a problem is resolved until the best possible result has been achieved for Spotlight’s customers and staff.
• Organised: can balance a number of competing tasks, but always with an eye to business priorities.
• Initiative: works independently to achieve a good result.
• Team Player: always ready to share knowledge & help a colleague.
• Inquisitive: looking to learn new skills and stay abreast of technical developments.
• Prioritisation: ability to prioritise competing demands by taking into account the scale and significance of the issue
How to Apply
Send your CV to email@example.com and tell us, in a few hundred words, who you are, what you’ve been working on recently, and why you’re the right person for the job.